Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcoming Spring: Part 1

"Spring is the time of plans and projects." -- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

Today marks the first day of spring and it's such a beautiful spring day here in Louisville, KY.  I am really looking forward to the trees to bloom, the weather to warm up, cute baby animals... and projects!

So a few weeks ago I ordered 3 patterns from Deer & Doe and the first one I completed is the Chardon Skirt.  After that, I just couldn't hold in my excitement to work on the other two as well because her patterns are so simple and pretty.

Blouse:
Day 1: Trace and cut pattern, cut fabric:




 Day 2: Sew Blouse!
 (I assure you that the sewing is even! 
It only looks crooked because of how it is hung and how the fabric lays... it's a tad stiff here)

This blouse was much easier than I had expected given the delicate fabric but with the right sewing needle (rounded) and right tension setting, it was a breeze.  My conclusion is that I am no longer intimidated by batiste and voile.  I was concerned that I would destroy the fabric from messing up a lot, but with a minimum amount of practice on scrap fabric, I really didn't have any major issues with snagging, knotting, tearing, etc.

This is not a blouse I would typically buy for myself but after sewing it, I got attached to it and I think this will get a lot of wear in the near future, especially now that it is officially Spring!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10