Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Friday, March 21, 2014

Welcome Spring: Part 2

Still so glad that it is spring now, this past winter was a bit fierce and wreaked havoc on the roads and trees.  Even though winter is beautiful, it got to the point that it outstayed its welcome.  Spring, on the other hand, I welcome with open arms!

I love pink and I probably wouldn't have bought myself such a pink frock but somehow sewing it makes all the difference (similar to the blouse post yesterday I suppose).  I actually originally intended to make this dress with a much darker color... a dark raspberry.... but, they ran out of stock between my order and when they were preparing my order.  This was my second choice that I had ordered anyway without any specific plans for it yet.  Pink saved the day!




I'm such a fan of the cut out in the back and the timeless cut/fit of this dress.

I think the dress itself could still use some work in terms of its fit.  Given that the material is relatively structured, it is not nearly as forgiving as lets say... a knit.  Even so, this dress was also very easy to sew.  Deer and Doe makes such great patterns that turn into beautiful outfits!

Spring projects are so fun and colorful... such a boost!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10