Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Planning is like wonderful dream: Home Office


Fabric-Covered Corkboards//
Desk with glass covering collage on desk-top

I'm truly blessed that I really enjoy my job.  Even on days like today... one of those... no time find lunch kind of days.  Thankfully I have "emergency" instant oatmeal at my desk that I gobbled up and then jogged from the break room to my desk to hop on a meeting...where I was presenting...that ended up not going nearly as well as I'd like.  Thank goodness that as soon as that meeting was over I had to head over to my final Dale Carnegie class session.  It was like jumping back into the positive world.  That class has also been wonderful.  It has taught me so many important interpersonal human relations principles and has taught me how to not be stressed.  This course has brought such enthusiasm to my life... time, and time again I experience the benefits first hand in my life and on the job.  Highly recommended to everybody! Sometimes they offer free sample workshops/sessions at various locations and I believe they have some online resources.  Great for personal and professional development.

A few select principles were really important for the meeting (that took over my lunch) I had today:
  • Don't criticize, condemn, or complain
  • Give honest, sincere appreciation
  • Show respect for other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
  • Try honestly to see things from the other persons point of view
I want a space that will be a natural extension of this enthusiasm and hopefully that enthusiasm I feel being in this (future) office space will just encourage me to transfer that to my work! I want a space that will encourage me to be creative in my everyday life, in whatever I do.

Bonus:


This is just a start towards the design process and of course, things can change, I may  change the styles. But I do like designs that are flexible to  style change, that can mix and match with others easily, and serve multiple purposes.

I definitely need to pick some crafty supplies up the next time I'm at the antique mall and various stores.

I am so excited about designing my future space and am looking forward to crafting things to add my own style to my space...I've got so many projects swirling around in my head!

Stay tuned for more plans, fabric I am excited about, and projects in progress/completed!

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision -- Dalai Lama

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10