Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 2014 Everyday Favorites

June 2014 Everyday Favorites

June 2014 Everyday Favorites by Feier featuring Soap & Glory

There are so many skincare and beauty products out there and although there seems to be an endless list of recommendations out on the internet, the reality is that everybody's skin is different as well as their preferences.  Over the years I've tried a bunch of products and as soon as I've figured out a slimmed down list of products I love, either my skin or style changes.  Sometimes, that also changes with the season given the humidity, heat, allergens, level of activity... etc.

These are my current favorites for the days of sun, heat, and humidity!

Diorskin Nude BB Cream -- A few months back I was at Sephora and attained many small sample sizes of foundation products.  I wanted something that looked natural, worked with my skin, and gave me some SPF protection... Essentially the point of a BB Cream.  This is not the same as original BB Creams out of Asia as this BB cream (and most in the United States) is more like a nice tinted moisturizer.  I love how it looks on my face and how nicely it blends in.  It's a bit on the pricy side so maybe next time I'll try out a Jouer tinted moisturizer as I have heard lots of good things about it.

Ole Henriksen Blue Black Berry Enzyme Facial Mask -- This humidity has not been particularly kind to my skin which is not intuitive to me at all.  One would think that because the air is not dry that the skin would not be flakey.  This weather has been making my skin more unpredictable and prone to break-outs and in combination with make-up, my skin has not been nearly as smooth.  This Enzyme Facial mask is great! It doesn't look crazy on my face because it is clear, it's not abrasive, and it makes my skin feel wonderful and new.

NARS Foreplay blush/highlighter palette -- I just love the colors in this palette and it is perfect for on the go! It makes it easy to change up looks without having to pull out a bunch of blushes.  Also, the color is very pigmented with good staying power which is especially good in the summer when it feels like makeup is prone to just melting off.

Lioele Artist Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Gray -- Most eyebrow pencils I find in any store just don't really go with my eyebrows.  I have black hair and typically eyebrow products are either for blondes or brunettes.  A lot of the other more black/gray products I've found in stores have been too dramatic/startling on my face.  This product is buildable and looks super natural on me.  This pencil also comes in other colors!

Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara -- This mascara works so well and is so waterproof! Eye makeup tends to run on me even if it is labeled waterproof but this mascara is great.  It also looks very natural, has good curling power, really lengthens my lashes and opens up my eyes!

Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus -- I am such a fan of bright colors!  This is as bold as I feel comfortable with for wearing to work as well as out and about.  It's bold red with a hint of orange to give it some real warmth.  This is so hydrating and fun!

L'Oreal Clean Artiste Makeup Corrector Pen -- As I alluded to above, my eye makeup tends to run on me, especially eyeliner.  To combat with this problem on the go, I really love this makeup correcter/remover pen to clean up my makeup! It's like tide pen but safe for my face :).

Urban Decay All Nighter in Perversion -- I love this waterproof eyeliner because it doesn't need to be sharpened, glides on so velvety, and has such an intense color.

Real Technique Expert Face Brush & Blush Brush -- I love how airbrushed my makeup looks with these brushes AND I love their price! Each is under $10 and I like it much more than my other much more expensive brushes right now.

Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix -- So I got a tiny sample size version of this with my Sephora VIB points.  I had a few large spots on my chin (from the heat/makeup/stress?) that were bothering me and I dabbed some on... in a few hours they were smaller and by the next day they were gone! Definitely keeping this around.

Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel & The Righteous Butter Lotion -- I am such a fan of this line of products because I'm not sensitive to it, it smells amazing, and my skin feels so luxurious afterwards.  It makes showering feel like a pamper evening, every day.  Sometimes I think maybe I'm living in the wrong country because I am drawn to so many products and fashion out of the UK.

ASOS.COM is going to be the end of me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10