Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sprucing up the ironing board and new apartment

It has been 7 weeks since I moved into my new apartment and it has gone by so quickly! Within two weeks I unpacked everything, got new furniture delivered, bought my first major appliances (washer and dryer) and have been adjusting to working from home! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to move back to where I need to be and still pursue my career.  This move has made me feel more like a "grown-up" which feels strange but I am trying to embrace this period of my life and everything that comes with it.

I haven't sewn much in sooooo long and part of it is because of all the transitioning, lack of motivation, and partly because I don't have a designated space to see at the moment. 

It came to the point that the grungy ironing board that I have had for years was just an eyesore and was just really worn. This serves as the perfect opportunity to complete a quick project to hopefully get me motivated to sew again! 

Took some nice cotton fabric and some cotton quilting batting and recovered the ironing board, secured with elastic looped through the sides and tied tight.

Now the laundry room is a little more vibrant!
Next steps... Come up with some project ideas and to find a convenient and small-space friendly sewing table!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10