Dash of Rose

A dash of rosy positivity

Monday, February 3, 2014

Birds to market {tote}


This tote is so functional and the tutorial that I found to do this is one of the best free online tutorials I have come upon!  Brought to you by Bijou Lovely, the Market Tote!

The fabric featured here is: Riley Blake Enchant Birds Green (It also comes in Aqua)


The instructions are well done and are very easy to follow so I did not feel the need to supplement with any "tutorial"-esque photos along the way.

Sewing this was really enjoyable actually.  My only challenges would probably be due to the thickness of the charcoal/black canvas that I used as the base and the lining...The thickness affected the thread tension I needed because I had so many layers going on and it made it very challenging to turn the handles right side out.  That itself seemed to take a really long time.  Otherwise, it is a very simple and functional bag and I'm feeling like I'm catching on to this whole sewing thing.  Lining up the handles and the linings and then turning it right side out is finally starting to sink in as familiar.


Now the question is... what market am I taking this to and what am I going to be putting into it? It is really big bag, especially for me... as I'm not much of a large purse person to begin with.  I like to be prepared when I'm out and about, but I also like to be minimal.

I've been finding so many wonderful ideas and inspirations around the internet and have been pinning (Pinterest) a lot! I'm a bit glad because I was thinking that if I keep sewing at this pace... what if I run out of things to learn with(kidding)? I'm hoping that creativity and finding a lot of things functional things to create will keep this going strong. That, and this is a really fun hobby! I realize the options are limitless!

Happy Monday and stay warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Dash of Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

09 10